Looking to get the kids outdoors? Want to get them interested in enjoying social and physical activity in beautiful Montgomery County? Take a look at Blue Bell Country Club’s winning Junior Golf and Tennis Programs. These learning platforms have become instrumental in providing quality activity, sportsmanship and most of all, fun for kids and young adults in the area.
We’re inviting you to come take a look at how our qualified instructors can help your child build the strong character they deserve—in a supportive, competitive, friendly, hands-on approach to summer fun on our sprawling campus.
We provide the motivation. You provide the kid.
“These young people learn valuable lessons while having a great time outdoors,” explains Joey Pohle, PGA and head golf professional at Blue Bell’s 18-hole Arnold Palmer signature golf course. “The kids learn responsibility, acceptance, maturity and patience—all while making new friends and having a great time.”
The junior golf program is almost 10 years old, and the attendance in the eight-week program has soared in the past few years as children ages 7–17 learn the rules, etiquette and social skills required to play the game of golf.
● Members and non-members alike are grouped by ability into three divisions (and our “future stars” program for our youngest players).
● Weekly competitions are held where points are accrued and prizes awarded.
● The number of holes played is dependent on division.
● Golf carts (driven by the staff, of course) are provided.
● The kids get to see how manners, communication and respect become valuable assets not only during game play but also in everyday living.
“We want the kids to not be intimidated by the course. Obviously, we want them to respect the grounds and the game, but eventually we'd like them to ask Mom or Dad to join in family rounds as they grow into more mature players,” adds Pohle.
“Nothing gives me more of a personal reward than to see a parent and child interacting together outdoors minus the cell phones,” he added emphatically. “My own father was my inspiration to just getting out there—learning the rules of the game, being outdoors, communicating, competing and learning about each other.”
A limited supply of practice clubs are available, and youth golf club sets can be secured via discounts through our Blue Bell Country Club.
Partially sponsored by Cobra Golf, the Junior Golf Program begins June 15 and ends in August.
Contact Joey at (215) 616-8508 to get the summer on par with the junior golf program.
Kenny Klein has been teaching kids the back and forth of tennis at Blue Bell Country Club for over 11 years. It's obvious he loves what he does. Known as “Coach K,” his commitment to providing quality tennis court etiquette, rules and regulations are only matched by his drive to let the kids have a good time.
“As much as it's about the game of tennis here at Blue Bell, it's also about sportsmanship,” he stresses. “Of course everyone wants to win, but I also focus on learning from a loss—finding out what needs improvement and how to make these kids mature in the game.”
Six “plexi-pave” courts—three of which are brand new U.S. Open Blue—provide the backdrop for classes and clinics for ages 5–17. Kenny believes that small class sizes are essential for students to get the most out of learning while experiencing play. The kids are assessed and placed together by ability level.
● A junior level scoring ladder is utilized to enhance the challenge of positioning students for matches in the Junior Match Play Program.
● Junior “mini-camps” are held June 16 and 17 and provide a chance for the kids to hone in on specific skill sets like focus, stamina and the serve. “50 percent of the game is in the serve,” touts Kenny. Count on a little pool time with this event as well.● Tennis parties are also held on the first Friday of every month (beginning on May 8 and running through October 7) and provide social, interactive, hands-on games like King of the Court, Gladiator, dodgeball and Olympic tennis.
Kenny has seen many positive changes over the years here at Blue Bell Country Club. “I've seen class and clinic sign-ups increase every year as well as cross-membership from other sports areas within our campus. It's a great way to get the kids outside and social.”
Contact Kenny at (215) 616-8508 to get on the court with the junior tennis program.
Located just 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia and situated in the heart of Blue Bell, Pa., Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center is more than a meticulously restored American landmark—it's a fully wired, high-tech hospitality venue. Relax on our grand terrace, sip a cocktail in America's oldest silo, play a challenging game of golf on our championship course, plan an event with us or dine on our delectable farm-to-table cuisine. It all adds up to One Historic Experience.