It can be daunting to find the perfect private golf experience that fits your requirements personally, professionally, and of course financially. Choosing between equity and non-equity clubs is where the ball lies, so to speak, and we have the information you need right here to assist you in making the choice that's right for you.Let's break down the differences between equity and non-equity to help you make your decision..
The equity membership structure is typically defined as one in which the member is theoretically an "owner" of the club. Members are responsible for electing a Board of Directors to run the club. Members are also financially liable for the club and making sure it turns a profit.
The non-equity membership is when the club is privately owned and maintained, but is operated by hired professionals and supported in part by fixed membership dues. There are no surprise financial ramifications with a non-equity membership.
Blue Bell Country Club (BBCC) stands out as one of the top-rated non-equity golf clubs in the Philadelphia area. Located in beautiful Montgomery County, the club is privately owned by Hansen Properties and boasts an 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature golf course, which is one of only three layouts designed by "The King" in the area.
There are several advantages of being a part of our non-equity membership.
● No risk to the individual member. The owner is responsible for all course maintenance and improvement so members can reap the rewards of enjoying the many amenities of Blue Bell Country Club.
● No hidden or assessment fees. Capital improvements are handled by the owner and are not passed on to the members through arbitrary or unexpected assessment fees. Check out what we’re doing now to improve BBCC.
● Member-focused experience. We hire PGA professional experts who have no personal agendas other than making sure you have a positive golf-related experience. We host interactive town hall events, empower dedicated committees and provide consistent surveys to give our members the voice to make the most of the golfing experience they deserve.
● Fixed dues. A one-time annual membership fee is required dependent upon the membership level selected.
● No invitation required. Equity clubs typically require an invitation to even be considered for membership. At Blue Bell Country Club, it's as simple as contacting one of our professionals.
● Graduated (long-term) initiation fees. Our fee payments are spread out in easy installments, as opposed to equity clubs that require entire payment up front.
Our mission is to cater to our members’ needs. We’re not a one-size-fits-all organization. Take a look at all the different ways you can customize your membership level here:
● Full Golf Platinum
● Full Golf Gold
● Young Professional
● Junior Golf
● Pool and Tennis
Take advantage of these additional premier amenities including our driving range, 25-meter pool, fine and casual dining at The Putter’s Grill, six lit tennis courts featuring state-of-the-art plexipave surfaces, a fully equipped fitness center and new firepit lounge overlooking the course, Camp Blue Bell and customer appreciation events as well as access to event and wedding facilities on our sprawling campus.
Rich Clegg, membership director, who has been with Blue Bell Country Club going on his fourth year, excitedly explains that “the changes and improvements going on now are focused on making the golf experience for our members here second to none. New irrigation systems, enhanced greens, bunkers and pathways and a new executive chef at Putter’s Grill are just a sampling of what's going on this year.”
Rich also explains that he considers himself “a concierge center of sorts—at the total disposal of the members from the first day of orientation through events and special requests.”
So what are you waiting for? Contact our membership team at (215) 616-8508 for more information.
Located just 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia and situated in the heart of Blue Bell, Pa., Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center is more than a meticulously restored American landmark—it's a fully wired, high-tech hospitality venue. Relax on our grand terrace, sip a cocktail in America's oldest silo, play a challenging game of golf on our championship course, plan an event with us or dine on our delectable farm-to-table cuisine. It all adds up to One Historic Experience.